Anyway back to the Cheetah…
So when we left this guy, I had pretty much finished the background.
I left it to thoroughly dry and while I was waiting 2 things happened:
1 Some Unison pastels arrived, so I started on a pastel Serval that used to live in somebody’s bathroom, but more of that in a future post.
2 My order of
M Graham walnut oil and solvent free oils turned up. I’d been looking to try this for a while and I thought the set was good value (from Amazon, but only available in the states).
It’s an oil recommended by Jason Morgan who produces some great wildlife art, so I thought I’de see what its like.
I have started to use it on the cheetah along with my Griffin Alkydd oils and it creates a nice flow for the detail work so far.
Anyway here is the gallery of the progress so far on the next stages of the Cheetah. Enjoy…
I must admit I find oils hard work sometimes, I don’t think I’m quite there with my techniques yet – still lots to learn, but that’s half the fun!
See you next time with a bit more progress.
I’m off to make a dragon now!